How to Make a Fingerprint Impression:
- Place the white bead in a bowl of water and microwave for 2-3 minutes (or longer) until the bead becomes clear.
- With a slotted spoon, carefully remove the bead from the bowl. Do not directly touch the bead as it will be hot.
- Place the bead onto a plate or flat surface.
- When it is safe to touch the bead, push your thumb into the bead until it is flat.
- Press down and hold for 30 seconds.
- Carefully remove the bead from your finger and leave the flattened bead on the plate until the bead turns white. (It is okay if the bead sticks to your finger — just leave it on your finger until the bead turns white.)
- Once the bead turns white, carefully remove the bead from the plate (or your finger) and place into the case.
Note: If you are not happy with the impression of your fingerprint, simply place the bead back in the bowl of hot water and repeat steps 2-7.
Special note for babies: Newborns do not have an actual fingerprint, so it is best to wait until your baby is nine months old before taking an impression.