Lasting Impressions Video
- Place the white bead in a bowl of water and microwave for 2-3 minutes (or longer until the bead becomes clear.
- With a slotted spoon, carefully remove the bead from the bowl. Do not directly touch the bead as it will be hot.
- Place the bead onto a plate or flat surface.
- When it is safe to touch the bead, push your thumb into the bead until it is flat.
- Press down and hold for 30 seconds.
- Carefully remove the bead from your finger and leave the flattened bead on the plate until the bead turns white. (It is okay if the bead sticks to your finger — just leave it on your finger until the bead turns white.)
- Once the bead turns white, carefully remove the bead from the plate (or your finger) and place into the case. Note: If you are not happy with the impression of your fingerprint, simply place the bead back in the bowl of hot water and repeat steps 2-7.
Special note for babies: Newborns do not have an actual fingerprint, so it is best to wait until your baby is nine months old before taking an impression.
Click here to order your fingerprint kit today.
The cost of the kit will be applied to the final price of your Lasting Impression. Shop Lasting Impressions.